Spent about 3K and stayed in the luxury SWV resort, Mabul. Bit NG SEH TAK... but no choice la since I am joining the Shell Group. Customer service is up to the pay though.
Basically, Mabul-Kapalai-Sipadan are nearby yo each other. Sipadan is well-known for the hammer shark, whale shark, manta/devil ray etc... all the big if not gigantic sea creature. Too bad, we didnt spot any of them and the visibility somehow was really bad. Purely no luck.
While Mabul-Kapalai are rich with its macro. Countless species of nudibranch and all kind of fish, crabs and shrimps if comparing to the east coast of Malaysia.
Invested an underwater casing with no regrets. Some videos to share:
1. Flamboyant Cutter Fish The ever 'changing-color' creature is abt 5cm in length. Active only at dawn time. So happy to spot it after we failed to find it in the previous day.
2. Hungry Lionfish It seems that Lionfish hunt during night time. No mercy to the smaller fish. A costly night dive for me though. My underwater torch leaked and that caused me to be stung by sea urchin for the 1st time. 9 pokes!
3. Close shot with White Tipped The shark was actually an arm length close to me during the final seconds of this clip. I was stunned when it swam towards me that close. For that seconds too, I felt fear.
4. Banded Sea Snake Extremely venomeous banded sea snake. A resident at SWV Mabul, Paradise 2. Once bitten, you got an hour to save yourself.
5. Swam with turtle They all appear in a table size. Huge. At sipadan, they are just everywhere! Eating, sleeping, wandering... One of them almost ram me over! Swam like the Malaysian drivers.
For photos, please visit Eric (professional shot) and Sanya. It's not from me but more or less, that was what we saw. Die die must take a picture with turtle with mask off!