Monday, August 15, 2011

Everest Base Camp & Kala Patthar 07-23.05.2011 (1)

When my project officially pronounced 'delay' 2 mth b4 the trip, the dream of joining the team resurrected. Furthermore, the project freeze windows was just nice for me to squeeze in the EBC trip! It was all rush rush rush at work and doing the last min flight ticket arrangement n shopping for hiking gears. Surprisingly, ticket price remains the same as RM1700 for return. More surprisingly, my wife approved my leave without too much grudge. Love her for that! Some outdoor friends were kind enough to lend me all the essentials which later prove to be practical n perhaps, life saving indeed. Thank her so much for that. I merely bought a pair of 50% disc Salomon Elios Mid GTX shoes at SGD139 n a buff from NatGeo. Oh, and a Suunto Core yellow black watch too. Canon G12 is a miss for me.


Suunto Core yellow black- accurate. but suspect having outdated software which bloody local support center still yet to come back to me!#$^$%^&%&%$^



Salomon Elios Mid GTX-Very good buy. Tough with Gore-Tex.





Video conf with Captain a week before our departure.


7May2011 - KL > Kathmandu
The trip started with a very good omen. All of us except GWah (who was late) were upgraded to biz class! Ecstatic! But the only different of biz class is only a wider seat. Still, grateful for the upgrade. Nepali almost filled up the economy class. It is a human labor cargo to me.

A 5hr flight. RQinging managed to get her visa done on the spot at USD40 n she even passed the custom faster than we all did. Lucky her, it was a no crowd day. We paid RM155 and burnt a day off to pick up my visa back in Msia. we met Barbu, the MD of the travel agent that we engaged. Van picked us up and headed straight to Heritage hotel at Thamel. Met up RWen n CLeong at last. Had our 1st Nepali lunch filled with curiosity n excitement. Taste not bad at all. After that, it was all abt last min shopping for the team! Down jacket, backpack, sleeping bag... All ain't cheap to me.

No comments: