Monday, April 13, 2009

The Southern Ridges Run

Long heard abt this trail but never have the thought of running it thru as almost every wkend, I will either back in Msia, or meet up running friend at ECP.

Until last Sunday, after I was back from Bali with extra kilos and then pampered myself with movies (Fast&Furious 4 is GOOD), the sin overwhelmed me and with sudden urge, I decided to try out The Southern Ridges which comprises a 9-kilometre chain of green, open spaces spanning the rolling hills of Mount Faber Park, Telok Blangah Hill Park and Kent Ridge Park before ending at West Coast Park where I am staying now.



9KM. But I ended up with 25KM.



First, I went into a long wrong way in HortPark, running against Kent Ridge Park. Had to ask an angmo for the way out. Then, I did merry-go-round at Canopy Walk (suppose I should be heading towards West Coast Park by now) which I ended up following the trail to Science Park I. Sought for direction from a stranger on how to get out from the 'remote' area. It was until I ran thru a winding road along South Buona Vista Rd, I finally seeing familiar scene ahead, it's connecting back to Pasir Panjang Rd that will eventually led me to West Coast area.

Managed to ran thru all the above tourist spots. Each site is uniquely designed for nature lovers' convinient. Singapore is indeed a very well organized beautiful Garden City. But, I guess it's the human nature. When you have less, you tend to appreciate more. Less-is-more is utterly true in this context.

No comments: